Friday, February 20, 2009

3 Rounds of In-Vitro $?, 1 month in the NICU $?, Twins - Priceless (or are they)

Last night I went to a college planning seminar that our financial planner put on. It was just another reminder of how much kids will cost over time. At the same time the hospital bills are starting to trickle (or rush) in. I have told Milina on several occasions that if the Twins ask us where their college/mission funds are I will explain to them how much it cost to bring them into the world and their tab is overdrawn. In that spirit I am holding a poll/guessing game.
Here is the premise. How much is the total twins cost from conception to homecoming? I will give you a brief synopsis of the everything building up to homecoming to help you make an educated guess. I am adding up total charges not our total cost. For example the doctor may bill $200 for a procedure and the insurance only pays $75 and then we only pay our $25 copy. So when you make your guess you are trying to guess the total charged amount to the insurance company, it is more fun that way plus everybody's insurance varies too much. I will be using our EOB's to add up the total charged amounts.
1) 2 full rounds of In-vitro (full round is more expensive, it is where you get the eggs to work with and then freeze if you have enough)
2) 1 frozen cycle In-vitro (less expensive because you use frozen embryos)
3) 7 months pregnancy (office visits, ultrasounds, medications, i.e.)
4) Delivery (twin delivery in a operating room, natural birth)
5) 1 month for twins in a NICU

Good Luck, I have an initial amount already but I am not finished adding up yet. I will post the final amount and the winner in a few weeks.

4 comments:

Ed said...

$950,000

Jennifer said...

I won't guess since I can look at my old bills. But, I bet my bills can beat up your bills any old day!! :-)

Jill Brown said...

I think that we are finally on our last bills. In the end I ended up being more expensive than Emma so I can't hang any guilt over her.

Patrick said...

2 full rounds of In-vitro, 1 frozen cycle In-vitro, 7 months of pregnancy, delivery, 4 weeks in NICU, the car plus the trip to Tahiti I'm going to go with 320K, Bob.