Monday, August 24, 2009

Milina Stoddard, You're the next contestant on the Price Is Right!!!

Hopefully, my lifelong dreams will come true! Saturday, I (Milina) went to Carpet One in Hurst to audition for The Price Is Right game show which I have been watching since I was a baby. It started off with my Granny Hensley letting me watch it with her and now I watch it with Adam and Mia every day. I record it on my dvr every day just incase I miss something and need to go back. Almost, everyone that knows me know that I watch it all the time. That was one of the things I looked forward to the most when I left the work place to work from home. For Christmas, my sister-in-law, Jill, got me a t-shirt with their logo on it. Which turned out to be a good thing because I was able to wear it to the audition.
So, Saturday morning I showed up at 10:00 and there was already a long line waiting for them to open up the doors. I was the 311th person there. We waited in line for about an hour and a half and then got to go in and audition. They have chairs set up like you're in the audience with a stage up front. Then a guy from CBS11 TV would call out #s and when they called your number you got to very enthusiasticly run up on stage and talk to a camera and tell them why you should be the next contestant on The Price Is Right. This is really big for me because I get really nervous in front of people. I'm not a public speaker - at all!!! I really couldn't tell you everything that I said but I know I said that I wanted to spin the big wheel and win both showcases! I am good at that from home. I usually bid within 250.00 at least once a month which is what you need to win both. While I was auditioning the guy didn't ask me the questions that he asked others like what game to you like the best or how will you respond if you get a phone call back. While sitting there you could tell that people really didn't watch the game show because they couldn't even name any games and didn't know much about the show. Most of them just said that they wanted money, a new car, or to go on a trip to get away from their kids for a while. (which I think is really sad) My favorite game is a new one called Gas Money where you could win a car and money! I also would have said that I love Punch Out because I am a Taekwondo instructor and I wanted to show them how to really punch for money! Anyway, I had a great time even if I am not one of the 3 that get chosen and flown to LA. One of those gets to have their named called to "come on down." I so wish that could be me. I was very happy though because Jonathan brought the twins up to watch me a little while before I got to go up. That was amazing having them their and showing them off to the ladies that were in line with me. Thank you to my wonderful hubby for bringing them up there to watch me! I had a blast and I will let you know if I get "The Call" or not. Let's cross our fingers!!! I want to hear, "Milina Stoddard, your the next contestant on The Price Is Right!!!"

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I did not know this about you! I love the price is right! for awhile I watched it every day, but I haven't pretty much all summer, sad I know. but i hope they call you!

JothMilina said...

Thank you! They have been re-runs I think all summer so you should be good. I know the one today and yesterday were re-runs for sure. It was a lot of fun! I should have posted it on facebook so you could have gone with me. I hope they call!!! It was a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

very fun Milina. I hope u get the call! :-)