Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Found Respect for Batman


This weekend is the Captial of Texas Triathlon, CapTexTri, in Austin. Patrick, Dallas and Myself are racing and for the first time Patrick and I will be in the same age category. The water temperature is currently 68deg, yes that is cold. I knew it would be a colder swim so I bought my first triathlon wetsuit, an Orca Equip Tri Wetsuit. I put it on for the first time and must say I feel somewhat like a superhero, Batman in particular as the wetsuit is black neoprene. It took about 15min to put on and I even attached pictures for those of you that would like to see me as my superhero persona. I wearing it as I type, sweating like a pig and wondering how I will ever get it back off. So next time you see me if I am dressed all in black annd look like a less buff version of a superhero it is becuase I couldn't take it back off.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

The one thing that I do find with the wetsuits is that what little physique I do have is muted by them. Oh yeah and the other thing is only pull it up to your waist until you are ready to get in the water, that way you don't cook.